iPad 3 was announced today! With the stunning Retina Display, 5MP iSight camera, and ultra-fast 4G LTE for just $499.
Retina display. See everything like never before. Retina Display has four times more pixels than iPad 2. Razor-sharp text. Richer colors. The Retina display transforms the entire iPad experience. So everything looks and feels incredibly lifelike and perfectly detailed. (2048 x 1536 – 3.1 million pixels)
Pixel-perfect performance. The A5X chip with quad-core graphics drives four times the pixels of iPad 2 yet it delivers the same smoothness and fluidity iPad is known for. Even with all that extra oomph, the new iPad still gets an amazing 10 hours of battery life.
The iSight camera. Your memories have never been clearer. The new iPad features Apple’s 5-mega-pixel iSight camera. Designed with advanced optics, it lets you shoot gorgeous photos and 1080p HD video.
Ultrafast 4G LTE. Full speed ahead. Built with the latest in wireless technology, the new iPad lets you connect to fast data networks around the world — up to 4G LTE. 4G LTE capability meaning very fast download speeds (73mbps on LTE).
• Voice dictation
• 10 hour battery life, 9 hours on 4G.
• 9.4mm thin, weighing 1.4lbs.
Available for pre-order online now and available in stories on March 16th.
Apple also unveiled a new version of Apple TV, which will hit stores March 16 at a price of $99.
- The device will feature high-definition video of 1080p, an upgrade from the 720p.
- This version of the product has a simpler, icon-based interface that Apple says makes it easier to use than ever before.
- Another noteworthy change is that the device will allow customers to purchase movies and television shows on iTunes, and, with the help of iCloud, stream them and watch them instantly on their HD TV sets. Content can also be streamed from Netflix, Vimeo and other providers.
- Like its predecessor, the new Apple TV will incorporate AirPlay, a mechanism that allows for wireless streaming from an iPhone, iPad or iTouch to Apple TV.